Thursday 10 September 2009

Return to OPB




Well it's been a long time again but we are back up OPB. Lots has gone on since I last wrote on here, where to start....I guess with the Nissan. That old banger is long gone. Sold for very little as it was rubbish to be honest, When I bought it the clutch had practically given up. I wasn't told this though, Len didn't think to mention that. He still has the Subaru and stupidly wants to sell it. Why?

Anyway, it's the last few days of Summer and as I look out the window towards the old pig barn through the last of the sun I can just see the latest project thats going on up there. An Alfa Romeo 145 Cloverleaf. I bought it as a project as it was very cheap and needed lots of work.

So far myself and some new staff (Rob and Dan/the Gov) have managed to remove the front suspension, brakes, driveshafts etc. and are in the process of removing the engine because Rob wanted to. There are some pictures here as the car may not make it back together. The idea is to fit a new gearbox as when I picked the car up from my friend Graeme in Manchester it had lost only second gear. By the time we all had a play with it that night only fifth gear remains. But essentially this is surposed to be a project to give us something to do and at the end have a quick, cheap reliable car. ok maybe not reliable, it is an Alfa after all. We now have two more projects coming up OPB very soon in the shape of a Land Rover Freelander and a Range Rover. So we better get a move on, See you non.

No comments: